Aviatrix3D Feature List
- Multithreaded design capable of making use of multi-CPU machines
(Hyperthreading, dual core and/or multiple chip configurations)
- Design to support wide range of output devices
- Based on OpenGL - all features of OpenGL are available for use
- Simple, minimalistic, unambiguous API design
- Extensibility as a primary design requirement
- Open Source license (LGPL)
- Spatialised audio using OpenAL.
- Wide range of utilities included including file loaders, particle systems,
skinned meshes, navigation systems and more.
- Render-to-texture (pBuffer) support as a first-class node of the
- GL 1.5 features supported such as shader programs, fog coordinates, edge flags etc.
- Layers (compositing), viewport control as well as multipass rendering all
treated as first class capabilities within the scene graph. This allows for
the use of traditional non-scenegraph rendering techniques such as volumetric
textures to be coded simply and easily.
- Native SWT and Eclipse plugin support as a standard capability.
- Ability to inject arbitrary OpenGL calls at any given time of the rendering process
- Maximum use of performance-enhancing strategies such as VBOs, raw byte
streams for textures etc.
- Batch picking API - rather than make multiple traversals of the scene graph
for different picks, make a single traversal using multiple different picking
- Pluggable rendering pipeline infrastructure allowing for optimised
rendering techniques for both single and multiprocessor/threaded systems.